The Shannon Murray Memorial Scholarship was created to honor a remarkable woman who was passionate about her career. It was her aspiration to become a Radiology Certified Coder this year. In remembrance of Shannon, the RCCB will be awarding a scholarship to an individual who would like to further their career and sit for the Radiology Certified Coder (RCC) exam. The scholarship covers the cost of the exam.
You are eligible to apply for the scholarship if you meet one of the following minimum requirements and you have not been excluded from participation in or sanctioned by the Medicare or Medicaid programs, convicted of, or pled guilty or nolo contendere to, a criminal offense involving state or federal health care laws:
- High school diploma or equivalency and one year, full-time radiology coding experience.
- Two years, full-time radiology coding experience.
- Equivalent experience such as teaching in the field.
Scholarship recipients will be required to:
- Respond to all requests for information from RCCB
- Follow all directions and rules related to the administration of the certification examination
- Keep the specific examination questions, their wording, and all other exam-related materials confidential.
- Report immediately to RCCB officials any breaches of the examination rules and/or the confidentiality of the examination material
- Make every effort to prepare for the certification process by reviewing the suggested resource materials, taking advantage of various learning experiences and/or courses, and arriving at the testing site prepared to fully participate in the examination
Applications acceptance is now closed. The scholarship recipient will be notified by Mar. 21, 2019.
The scholarship will be awarded for the exam held in May 13-17, 2019. All decisions are final.
The scholarship is funded by donations. Donations are currently not tax-deductible. To donate to the Shannon Murray Memorial Scholarship Fund, please send your contribution in the form of a check payable to RCCB to:
The Shannon Murray Memorial Scholarship
9990 Fairfax Blvd., Suite 430
Fairfax, VA 22030
Or please make your donations online .